Indian Railway: Tatkal Refund Rules
Many of us use our Indian Railway services for traveling. Specially, when we need Indian Railway service for our unplanned events and there is very big Waiting List.
For solving our this problem, Indian Railway provides service called “Tatkal”. But the problem is that the number of seats available in Tatkal are very less and hence the chances of getting the seat is very less.
Between the process of booking the Tatkal Ticket and the Payment, there may be chances that available Tatkal seats are already booked by others. So in that case, either you will not get any confirmed(CNF) seat or you will be in waiting list(WL).
Because of lack of information, many people believes that the money deducted while booking Tatkal ticket will not get refunded. But this is not TRUE. Indian Railway has rules for refunding the deducted money if you will not get confirmed seat.
Indian Railway Tatkal Money Refund Rules:
1) No refund on cancellation of confirmed Tatkal tickets.
2) Full refund of fare and Tatkal charges on the tickets booked under Tatkal scheme in the following circumstances:
- If the train is going to run on a diverted route and passenger is not willing to travel.
- If the train is going to run on diverted route and boarding station or the destination or both the stations are not on the diverted route.
- In case of non attachment of coach in which Tatkal accommodation has been earmarked and the passenger has not been provided accommodation in the same class.
- If the passenger has been accommodated in lower class and does not want to travel.
- In case the passenger travels in lower class, the passenger will be given refund of difference of fare and also the difference of Tatkal charges, if any.
- If passenger ticket is in Waiting List and not Confirmed till chart preparation before departure or seat is not available.