Miss Universe crown: Interesting facts
The new Miss Universe crown made by Diamonds International Corporation for Miss Universe 2014. Craftsmen spent over 3,000 hours to create this beautiful and timeless crown with a very unique infrastructure, inspired by design elements of various royal crowns throughout history.
Miss Universe Crown facts:
- Total weight – 411 grams
- An estimated worth of $300,000
- 33 natural, translucent and colorless Bohemian crystals(cut, polished and metalized on the rear side to enhance light reflection)
- 5 large light blue topaz stones(symbolizing strength and loyalty), each weighing 18.6 karats
- 198 dark blue sapphire stones(symbolizing faith and wisdom), weighing a total of 29.7 karats
- Encrusted with 311 small polished diamonds, weighing a total of 10.37 karats
- Base consists of 18-karat white gold strip(2 cm tall and 0.5 mm thick), weighing 220 grams
- Case made from the highest quality Italian leather
The Miss Universe crown symbolizes and expresses the beauty, stability, confidence and power of women around the world.